Canine Nutrition Class:
Our Canine Nutrition Class and Herbal Care is more than an informational class you may have attended in the past. This class is meant for pet parents who want to improve their dog’s diet. At the same time we will not push any one type of diet for your canine, which is your choice.
But let’s be upfront, I am biased to feeding as many whole, unprocessed foods and will lead you into that direction.
After completing the series you will be able to make an informed decision on choosing the best diet for your dog based on your lifestyle and budget.
The Canine Nutrition Class is divided into three sections:
Canine Nutrition 101
101 is a basic segment and will be covering the different feeding options available to us and the pros and cons of each. These include:
- High Heat Kibble (Commercial pet foods)
- Baked Low Heat Kibble
- Air Dried Kibble
- Prescription Diets
- Canned Balanced Food
- Freeze Dried Balanced Raw
- Commercially Prepared Balanced Raw Fresh Food.
- Homemade Balanced Fresh Food
As we discuss each of the feeding options we will cover:
- How to read a dog food label
- What items should never be in your dog’s food
- Novel proteins that my help your dog with skin issues
- The canine super foods
- Therapeutic diets
- How to create a home diets
- Supplements like fish oil, vitamins and probiotics
- Maintaining your dog’s weight
At the end of the Canine Nutrition 101 you should have a good understanding on how to make an informed decision what method of feeding your four legged family member.
Canine Nutrition 102 – This course requires some pre-class homework so you will be prepared to formulate a meal.
In depth coverage of:
- Maintaining your dog’s weight
- Determining your dog’s Metabolic Weight
- Determining your dogs required energy needs
- Creating Complete & Balanced meals
- Therapeutic diets (weight loss)
- A short discussion on cancer prevention, kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes
- Functional foods
- Food sensitives and allergies
- Proteins (intro)
- Fats (intro)
- Carbohydrates (intro)
- Macro & Micro Nutrients
- Vitamins and minerals
Canine Nutrition 103 – Now we will actually start to create a home based meal.
- Now that we have an understanding of proper nutrition, we will spend some time looking at a simple diet recipe creator
Herbal Care 101 – Here we will discuss and prepare:
- Herbal Dewormer
- Golden Paste
- Fermented apples (Probiotics)
- Comfrey/Plantain Sauvé
What this Series is about:
- Multiple studies have proven a healthy weight dog can live up to two years longer
- You will learn science based nutritional information to help keep your dog healthy
- I consider myself a Canine Nutrition Consultant who can assist you in providing the best nutrition for your dog, (only veterinarians with nutrition training can legally hold the title of “Veterinarian Nutritionist”). I have completed both formal and informal training programs dealing with canine nutrition.
What this Series is not:
- I am not a Certified Veterinarian Nutritionist and there for will not try to prescribe a therapeutic diet for you and your dog.
- Although the information is correct, if you have a sick dog you should consult a veterinarian (who believes in nutritional therapies), a holistic veterinarian or a Canine Nutrition Consultant.